Breaking change: login.ibiblio.org SSH key fingerprint changed

Hi Sarah, my user name is “curt”. I’m still not able to log in. I had been using my ssh key to get in transparently, but that doesn’t seem to work anymore. I thought I knew my password, but that is also not working … so possibly I am misremembering it? Is there a password reset mechanism?

Thanks,

Curt.

I’ve updated your login so it should be working now - let me know if you still have trouble. We are recommending that you go ahead and change your password at this time.

Thank you Sarah. I’m back in.

I was trying to figure out whether there was anything in the above I could use to update Code4Lib Journal but it’s something I need help with. Could I have access restored to c4ljadmin and c4ljeditor?

Thanks.

Both are updated, let me know if you are still having trouble. We recommend changing the password at this time.

Hi, I manage the /wpercy/ collection, and I can’t seem to log in now. Please help. Thanks for all your hard work!

Henry Mills
The Walker Percy Educational Project

Hi there – I manage the /Bahai pages and /Bahai/TrueSeeker - my username is “towfiq” and seem to no longer be able to log in.

Thank you!
Mark

Hi @wppdirector, you should be able to log in again thanks to work by @sarahwh. Please change your password at your earliest convenience if you have not already done so.

Hi @Mark_Towfiq, thanks for giving us the heads-up. You should once again be able to log in. Please change your password for login.ibiblio at your earliest convenience.

Thank you for the help, but I think I’m missing something – logging in via key isn’t working. Did you set a new password for me, or am I to use an old one?

@Mark_Towfiq Your password is identical to whatever you last successfully used on login1.ibiblio, which was previously the host behind login.ibiblio. Now the host is login2.ibiblio, but you can (and should) still use the login.ibiblio name. Having logged in with your password and changed your password, you can review your keys in your ~/.ssh and you should be able to use key-based login again.

It looks like I had come to rely too much on my SSH key-based login – I can’t seem to remember my UNIX password, and after too many tries, it looks like my IP is being blocked. Is there another way I can be helped? Sorry for the hassle and thanks in advance.

Hi Mark, We can do a password reset - could you submit a help desk request for that? https://www.ibiblio.org/help/request/

1 Like

Hi, I am having the same problem at WCOM. Connetion refused when trying to connect to ftp at login.ibiblio.org. Can you assist?

Hi. We updated the keys and still can’t get in. The username is tcrob and the
archive is Tiny Core Linux.

Thank you
Rich

Hello, I’ve updated your login so it should be working now. We recommend that you change your password at this time.

Hi sarahwh
We are now able to get in again and update our archive.

Thank you
Rich

1 Like

I maintain Lessons In Electric Circuits and am not longer able to login via ssh dennisc@login.ibiblio.org . Since I don’t expect to be able to use the old password, please reset password.

Hi Dennis - I have updated your account, so you should be able to login now. If you still need a password reset let me know.

I cannot login. My site is firebase319.org and my account is pdinardo. Where do I go to login? Can I still use putty to open my website for editing? Please help. The world has been changing and has passed me by.