Timeout when trying to reach our web server (www.confluence.org)

I get an error:

503 Service Unavailable

No server is available to handle this request.

Could we have an update on this, please??

The last time this happened (in January), you reported: ā€œThe database for this site had some queries that were ā€˜getting stuckā€™ and their processing wasnā€™t completing. After clearing these, the site worked again.ā€

Is there a way for us to check/clear these ourself? (We have shell access to the site.)

Itā€™s now been 15 hours since my first post. Could we please get some response to this (before your staff goes home for the weekend)?

@rf-confluence There was a similar database issue to the last time this happened. It has been cleared. The site logs still show similar warnings to before. Do you have a copy of those, or should we start a ticket to discuss this?

Thanks again for your help on this.

I donā€™t know if/how we can get access to the database logs; where are these located? (FYI, the database is ā€œServer version: 10.3.31-MariaDB-0+deb10u1 Debian 10ā€.)

FYI, the server is timing out again. If the problem is - once again - due to a database query timing out, then could you let me know which query, and/or start a ticket so I can try to resolve this, Thanks.

I also have to ask why the problem with database queries timing out/blocking has been happening only in the past couple of months; before this, we had no problems like this. What has happened in the past few months? Is the database server underprovisioned in some way??

We have opened a ticket to work with you on resolving these issues.

1 Like