Can't login to my account

I tried to connect via ssh but my password no longer works: Please help.

$ ssh tkan@login.ibiblio.org
#~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~#
#The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill#

Unauthorized access to this system is prohibited

This is a University system intended for ibiblio
purposes only.

The University reserves the right to monitor the
use of this system as required to ensure its
stability, availability, and security.

Please report any problems to ibiblio staff by
going to

support.ibiblio.org

in a web browser.

#The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill#
#~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~#
tkan@login.ibiblio.org’s password:
Permission denied, please try again.

I cannot log in to login.ibiblio.org. I removed any old entries from my .ssh/known_hosts file and I still can’t log in, I see the banner message but get “Permission denied, please try again.” after typing the password. So I guess I need to reset my password. Please help.

I’ve updated your login, so it should be working now with your latest password. If not, let me know and I can do a password reset.

Thanks, it works now.

1 Like

I can’t log in to my account either: lflj@ibiblio.org. I use WinSCP and putty. Login with WinSCP a minute ago failed; tried to update password and no go with that, login with putty failed also. I would like to revise and update my sites owned by /london. Any help would be appreciated and yet again, thanks for what you do.

I’ve updated your login so it should be working now. We recommend that you go ahead and change your password at this time. Let me know if it is still not working.

Thanks. It is working now, have changed PW. Is mhonarc and/or hypermail (mail2html converter) still available at the command line? I made great use of both of them in the past. Hypermail was best but mhonarc did the job. I can upload a standard mail folder (file) from a windows email app, run either of those programs and create a sortable html message archive. An advantage is that I can create mail folders with special collections of email, upload, convert and display in my website.

mhonarc is available

Wonderful and thanks!

1 Like