Ibiblio Outage Announcement

We have now successfully upgraded the “confluence” project’s PHP scripts to account for the change in PHP version.

But unfortunately the site remains hobbled, because a major part of its functionality is receiving photos uploaded from client web browser users. (The site also exec()s commands that process these uploaded photos - e.g., to reduce their size.) We can’t do any of this while the web server has read-only access to the file system.

So please mark down “confluence” as being one of your ‘collections’ (I imagine that you’ll have others) that require read-write file system access from the web server, ASAP.

Noted! We are working on that, and we will open a ticket on your behalf specific to any changes needed on your side. And yes, there are others.

In a previous update, we said that we did not have a clear time horizon for having vhosts read-write again. While we still don’t have a full timeline, we do now have a set of first steps for testing read-write vhosts, and we need volunteers. If you have previously posted here or opened a support ticket in RT about your site needing at least some directories to be writable by the web server, expect us to reach out to you directly (and possibly open an RT ticket on your behalf) no later than Friday the 18th of September. If you haven’t posted here about that and know that you want to volunteer to have your site be part of the testing, please reply.

Any update on this? (I see, on another thread, that you had a “vnode web host change” scheduled for yesterday, September 21st.)

We finally got that change deployed just now. I think we are in a position to schedule a similar change for your site. Does Tuesday the 29th at 10am work as a time for you to confirm your site works after we make a change? That is, we would schedule the change for 10am Tuesday if you’re available.

Yes, 10am Tuesday September 29th would work. (But which time zone is that?)

OK, I just see (on another thread) that this is Eastern Daylight Time. So, 1400 UTC. Thanks.

1 Like

We are working on some backend details that have some unexpected complexity for us, and we won’t be making the change right at the top of the hour. I don’t have a precise timeline, but we will send another update when we have made the change.

With apologies for the delay, confluence.org should now be working with a read-write document root. If there are issues, I think that should either go in a new Help topic or in an internal RT ticket. Thanks for your patience @rf-confluence.

Thanks. But unfortunately, there are still issues - so I’ll do what you suggested, and create a new Help topic for this.

Good Afternoon!

The www.oesf.org site is currently read-only following the outage and should be making this writable on Thursday.

1 Like

Hi, I can confirm that the issue with www.oesf.org has been fixed, thanks!

Regards,
Daniel